About the MSNE Society
The Rice Materials Science and Nanoengineering Society works to provide all undergraduate Rice students interested in materials science and nanoengineering with academic, professional and social resources.
More specifically, the purpose of the Rice MSNE society is:
1. To represent and expand the Materials Science and Nanoengineering Department within and outside of Rice.
2. To establish connections between undergraduate students that will foster knowledge of Materials Science and Nanoengineering, promote the passage of information between students of different classes, and generate a community of students with similar interests.
3. To serve as a liaison between the undergraduate student body and the Materials Science and Nanoengineering Department.
4. To promote contact with employers in industry through networking events, company tours, and other means.
5. To provide a means of exploring post-graduation opportunities in industry and academia; and to extend access to influential organizations in the Materials Science community by promoting and funding visits to monthly meetings and special conferences.